Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.5.14

Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>> Would it be possible to make that optional via compile time define?
>> I guess so, but I'm not going to ;-)
>> This new driver appears to be stable enough now - at least I've
>> been using it for a few days now without problems.
>
> *sigh* messing with kernel stuff sucks. Does a vdr built with the
> multiproto headers at least also work on vanilla kernels ie stable
> dvb drivers? That way one would only need to use different headers
> for building vdr but no extra kernel modules at run time.

AFAICT, the updated headers can be used along with the old drivers without
any issues. If not there's an issue with regards to backward compatibility.
Can you pleas point out the errors that which you see, when you are using
the updated headers and the old drivers ?

Regards,
Manu