[ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.5.14

VDR developer version 1.5.14 is now available at

    ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.5.14.tar.bz2

A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at

    ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.5.13-1.5.14.diff

WARNING:
========

This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.

The changes since version 1.5.13:

- Fixed the Play function in the pictures plugin.
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Updated the Makefile of the skincurses plugin (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- The new option --localedir can be used to set the locale directory at runtime
  (based on a patch from Stefan Huelswitt).
- Fixed finding new transponders (thanks to Winfried Köhler).
- Implemented handling of DVB-S2 (thanks to Marco Schlüßler and Reinhald Nissl
  for a patch that was used to implement this). VDR now requires the "multiproto"
  DVB driver, e.g. from http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto.
- Removed switching to the next higher or lower channel if the current channel
  is not available, in order to allow staying on an encrypted channel that takes
  a while for the CAM to start decrypting.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
===============

As of this version, VDR requires the new "multiproto" driver, as available,
for instance, from http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto.
It also uses additional transponder parameters, so a channels.conf file
written with this version will not work with previous versions of VDR.
Make sure you run this version in a separate environment, or make backups
of your config files in case you want to go back to the previous version!

So far, VDR supports DVB-S2 hardware and can tune to DVB-S2 transponders.
It doesn't yet handle H.264 video PIDs, so it should be safe to tune to
such a transponder even if you don't have a device that understands H.264.

I am using this version in my regular VDR (with a FF-DVB-S, Budget-DVB-S
and Budget-DVB-T card) and everything that used to work appears to still
work fine. I was also able to record the AC3 audio track from ProSiebenHD
with my TT-S2-3200 card and replay it on my FF-DVB-S card. I also successfully
tested recording encrypted DVB-S channels with the TT-S2-3200, so apparently
CAM handling also works with that card.

*When reporting problems, please don't reply to this message!*
Create a new thread instead, using a descriptive subject!

Have fun!

Klaus