Re: How to convert a JPEG image to an I-frame?

Hi,

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

>> I think sending the frame several times to the card should be omitted then.
>
> Tried that, but that doesn't work. Apparently the buffer(s) need to be filled
> up before anything is displayed. Maybe they could be filled with something
> else than repeating the actual frame data, thus avoiding the short flicker?

Hmm, does it work to switch the mode before sending the data?

>> Do you think there is the need to distinguish between progressive still
>> images and interlaced ones?
>>
>> It might be reasonable to show a frame picture for progressive images
>> and only the last field picture for interlaced images.
>
> I'm generating my images as "progressive" (at least that's what I think).
> The command I'm using is
>
>   mpeg2enc -f 3 -b 12500 -a 2 -q 1 -n p -I 0
>
> which gives the best results so far. If I use '-I 1' to have it "interlaced",
> the result looks just the same on the tv screen.

Sure, but that's not what I've meant. The same function is being used to
 show the image for a cutting mark. Such an image would be interlaced.
On my EPIA, vdr-xine would display it as progressive, just as the FF
card would do with the changed driver. Don't know whether this matters.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx