Re: How to convert a JPEG image to an I-frame?

Hi,

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

> When I display a picture generated with this script through a call
> to DeviceStillPicture(), the display looks very nice for a short while,
> and after that slanted lines get jagged. It appears as if the two
> interlaced half-pictures are first sent in turn, and finally only
> one of them is displayed continuously.
>
> Calling DeviceStillPicture() repeatedly in a loop results in the
> display jumping between "nice" and "jagged".
>
> So I thought about sending the picture file to the device through
> cPlayer::PlayPes() in a continuous loop. For that purpose I have
> added a call to 'mplex' to the script, as can be seen in the attachment.
>
> When I display such a still file on a FF DVB card by calling cPlayer::PlayPes()
> in a continuous loop, the image on the tv screen looks like it is
> displaying both interlaced half-pictures in turn, but it is "jumpy" (as if
> the time between displaying the two half pictures is too long).
>

> Does anybody have an idea how this could be improved, so that
> I get a smooth display, with slanted lines not jagged (just as if
> a still picture was shown in a normal movie)?

How does the attached PES file look like? In vdr-xine, I send it just
once and it looks OK in xine.

When it looks ok, I'll have to search for the commands which created it ;-)

I think, I had specified an option to create progressive frames.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx