Re: How to convert a JPEG image to an I-frame?

Hi,

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

>>> How does the attached PES file look like? In vdr-xine, I send it just
>>> once and it looks OK in xine.
>>>
>>> When it looks ok, I'll have to search for the commands which created it ;-)
>>>
>>> I think, I had specified an option to create progressive frames.
>>
>> After running your file through
>>
>>   mplex -f 7 -o test.mpg noSignal.mpg

You're right. That's why it nolonger has the extension .pes ;-)

>> and displaying test.mpg trough cPlayer::PlayPes() I get a pefectly
>> smooth display.
>>
>> Would be great if you could find the commands that created this one.

See attachment. This is what file says about my input file:

noSignal.png: PNG image data, 720 x 576, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced

> One more thing: the 'file' command reports
>
>   MPEG sequence, v2, MP@ML interlaced Y'CbCr 4:2:0 video, 4CIF PAL, 4:3, 25 fps
>
> on a file created with the posted script (before the mplex call),
> while for your noSignal.mpg it reports
>
>   MPEG sequence, v2, MP@ML interlaced Y'CbCr 4:2:0 video, CCIR/ITU PAL 625, 4:3, 25 fps
>
> Maybe this indicates where the problem might be?

Don't think so.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl