Re: Mid range CPU choice

>HDMI
>VGA
>RGB
>S-Video
>is the order. HDMI is digital und should those provide best quality (equals to DVI.

My list is a bit other way round, as beauty of the picture is in viewers eye.

S-Video
Composite
RGB
Component
VGA
HDMI/DVI

Don't get me wrong, as already years ago I have played with HDTV stuff, and naturally with DVI-based to my projector. Problem is that DVB-C / DVB-T is so bad quality signal (in Finland at least), lots of blocking artefacts so it looks very lousy. By using DVI (and probable upscaling to 720p/1080i) picture gets to sh*t. So I abandoned the idea 2 years ago. (VDR-Xine with DVB-C & DVB-S when Euro1080i/HD1 was open for all).

So best non-HD output would be S-Video (and composite) which hides the blocking and picture errors, and gives stutter free output of the program. RGB starts to show more MPEG features. With Component/VGA/HDMI you probably need to use computer-based output, and I haven't seen stutter free output.

With this I mean X server config, you cannot get exactly 50Hz output, but you can get 50.04Hz output. That might lead to micro stutter on picture.

But the list I quoted is the best order in terms of video connection quality, but not the best picture quality for viewer.. :-O