Re: Mid range CPU choice

Thanks again. The Asus M2NPV-VM looks like a great choice for me since
it is easy to get in Australia.

I am looking at the AN-M2HD now and it also available in Australia.

The Asus has Composite out and the Abit has HDMI. I have VGA, RGB,
S-Vid, HDMI inputs on my TV.

In order of best to worse for quality ?

VGA
HDMI
RGB
S-Video

The Abit also has the newer 7050 vs the 6150 on the Asus.

The Asus has the extra module for HDTV output while the Abit has HDMI
attached to the board.

The big question is does the 7050 chipset provide any extra
acceleration in Mpeg2 encoding / decoding to the 6150 ?

So many choices and so many factors.