Re: A few observations on the vdr project

On 05/11/07 18:56, VDR User wrote:
> On 5/11/07, Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Well, at some point I'd have to deal with it, anyway, if it's supposed
>> to become part of the core VDR code. So I'd rather do it myself now.
>
> Sure, but if doing it yourself means not doing it properly, why not
> let someone else who's willing to do the work, do it the right way?
> That makes much more sense then writing some kind of hybrid method
> that requires more long-term maintenance.  At the end of the day, not
> liking something just isn't a good reason to prevent making better
> design choices.

All I want is to have a VDR that properly behaves according to
the character set on the system it's running on. If that system is set
to UTF-8, VDR shall use UTF-8. If it's set to iso8859-1 it shall use
iso8859-1 etc. I can't see anything wrong with that.

Klaus