Re: A few observations on the vdr project

On 05/10/07 20:04, Udo Richter wrote:
> VDR development would speed up, if Klaus would delegate more work to
> other talented coders, and doing more review instead of coding most of
> it himself.

Well, right now I'm dealing with the UTF-8 stuff, which is something
I myself don't need at all. But unfortunately the patch(es) for this
can't just be applied as it, because from what I've seen so far there
it is assumed that the whole program is totally going UTF-8 - which it
is *not*. I still want to be able to run it on a pure and clean iso8859-1
system. So I have to painstakingly go through the whole thing and take care
that it only does UTF-8 if so requested - and that's a lot more work than just
applying a patch...

Klaus