ERROR: video data stream broken on second dvb card , but szap works (include recording)

Hi,

Dieter Bloms wrote:

>>> Feb  9 12:02:00 video vdr: [30529] switching device 2 to channel 1
>>> Feb  9 12:02:09 video vdr: [30537] frontend 1 timed out while tuning to channel 1, tp 111836
>>> Feb  9 12:02:32 video vdr: [30603] ERROR: video data stream broken
>>>
>>> so why can I get ts streams from the second dvb card and vdr doesn't get
>>> any bytes ?
>> As you can see from the above lines, tuning fails for device 2 (=
>> frontend 1) as VDR reports a timeout about 10 seconds after switching to
>> this channel. VDR retries tuning in that case, but further reports are
>> suppressed for the next 60 seconds so you don't see a second timeout report.
>>
>> Finally, after 30 seconds, the recording thread issues an emergency exit
>> as it didn't see any data (=> video data stream broken) as the device
>> was not able to tune to the channel.
>>
>> Is your DiSEqC setup correct (in case you are using DiSEqC)?
>
> I don't have a diseqc setup, I have a twin lnb and both dvb cards are
> connected directly.
>
> It worked in the past, ok many timeouts, but after reloading the driver
> and restart of vdr it worked.
>
> I was amazed that vdr can not tune to a channel and szap can do it
> without reloading the driver !
>
> Maybe they use differnt methods to switch the channels.

szap always sends DiSEqC commands, so I'd suggest to use VDR's
diseqc.conf. It's default section "Full DiSEqC sequence" is identical to
the tuning sequence that szap uses.

You may want to try the attached szap and VDR patch. You'll then get
some output while tuning.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl