[RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 09:02:58AM +0200, Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
> >I would rather write "k?ynnistyy" instead of the foreign "aktivoituu".
>
> But VDR starts ("k?ynnist??") all plugins already at the beginning and
> depending on the plugins behaviour it's activated on main menu action,
> external trigger, ... So, using the "k?ynnist??" as activate confuses me
> a bit and I'd avoid using it here, but I can live with it.

I didn't think of that.  If the verb is already used in some translation
string, it might be good to avoid using the verb in another context.
What about "Laajennos her??" (Plugin wakes up)?

> Does VDR really shut _itself_ off ("VDR sammuu")? I've always think that
> it just listens signals from OS that can be generated via the external
> shutdown script.

When VDR invokes the external shutdown script, I would say that it
indeed does shut itself off, or at least attempts to.  But it might be
a little funny to write "VDR attempts to shut down in %ld minutes"
or "VDR yritt?? sammua %ld minuutin p??st?".  That would make sense if
the vdr-shutdown script could deny the operation because some other
application on the VDR box is being used.

	Marko