Parameter --manual-start/--timer-start

Marko M?kel? wrote:
> At the very least, the plugins should be able to receive suspend and
> resume events.  I think it would be useful to expose the interface for
> generating suspend and resume events as well.

Adding support for a suspended device state is not really part of the
shutdown, so you'll have to convince Klaus on that. Plus, if you just
want to disable the video decoder, you can feed it with a dummy signal
and don't need a special suspended state. It works for streamdev at least.

>> confirmed). Based on that, a plugin could probably take over the output
>> device and suspend it or show a still. Or softdevice itself could react
>> on this.
>
> If the suspend and resume events were to be processed in softdevice, then
> also the subtitles plugin would have to process the events.  Otherwise,
> the subtitles would keep running on the OSD even though video and audio are
> suspended.

If Softdevice knows that there is no current user, then it is free to
also ignore subtitles together with the video signal. I don't see a
problem here.

Cheers,

Udo