[vdr bug]Shutdown during an active timer is broken

Thiemo wrote:
> So here is my solution:
> - if a recording is running and User presses "Power" tell him the box will
> shutdown after the current recording
> - If he presses "Power" a second time, ask if he realy wants to do this (like
> before) *and* stop any running recordings (i reused the code from Udo which
> work very well, thanks)

I agree that the shutdown-not-confirmed state should be more visible to
users by some message that VDR is just waiting for background tasks to
complete before shutdown. A solution I thought of was to put up a
message after not confirming shutdown that VDR will shut down as soon as
whatever is done - maybe even keeping that message on screen all the time.

The idea of pressing power button twice is also nice, though it will
confuse scripts that send power key presses. Plus, effectively, while
you currently confirm shutdown with "power, ok", you now confirm with
"power, power". And together with the other numerous reasons for not
shutting down, this gets confusing: Use power button to override running
timers, and use ok button to override timers in a few minutes?

> - if a timer is pending within MinEventTimeout ask if he really wants to do so
> but do *not* modify any timers or wakeup times.

So you *do* want running timers to be disabled, but *not* want to ignore
timers in a few minutes?

> I think it's the task of whoever adopts vdr to a mainboard or box to program a
> valid wakeup time, not the vdr itself.

Then we can also go back to what it was before, leave all timers alone
and report wakeup in -30 minutes to the shutdown script. In the end it
doesn't matter if any timers are running when VDR is killed.

Cheers,

Udo