[vdr bug]Shutdown during an active timer is broken

> > Then the message appears: "Next recording in -xx minutes - Shutdown
> > anyway ?"
> > When I now press ok the shutdown routine will be called and the timer
> > given to the shutdown script is in the past, so the machine will shut
> > down but never wake up again.
> > Any easy solutions for this ?
>
> There's no simple solution to this, I think. I remember that this has
> been discussed before, however without results. Using nvram-wakeup, the
> nvram script will complain next and shutdown will not work, you have to
> disable all running timers and all close timers, or nvram-wakeup wont
> shut down.

And with acpi it will shutdown but never wake up, depending on the shutdown script.

> The current solution just uses the remaining time to the next timer, and
> thats the running one of course.

Thats not a solution - thats a bug :) The shutdown script should get the starttime of the next timer in the future, not a time in the past.

> A proper solution would have to skip over the offending timers to get
> the next timer that is at least xx minutes in the future. Probably the
> easiest and most radical solution is to really disable (or skip) all
> offending timers after each confirmation.

I've made some tries into this direction, but none of these are working correct with repeatable timers.
The only solution which works reliable is to disallow shutdown when a recording is active.

Bye
Helmut