[vdr bug]Shutdown during an active timer is broken

Helmut Auer wrote:
> Then the message appears: "Next recording in -xx minutes - Shutdown
> anyway ?"
> When I now press ok the shutdown routine will be called and the timer
> given to the shutdown script is in the past, so the machine will shut
> down but never wake up again.
> Any easy solutions for this ?

There's no simple solution to this, I think. I remember that this has
been discussed before, however without results. Using nvram-wakeup, the
nvram script will complain next and shutdown will not work, you have to
disable all running timers and all close timers, or nvram-wakeup wont
shut down.

The current solution just uses the remaining time to the next timer, and
thats the running one of course.
A proper solution would have to skip over the offending timers to get
the next timer that is at least xx minutes in the future. Probably the
easiest and most radical solution is to really disable (or skip) all
offending timers after each confirmation.

Cheers,

Udo