AW: AW: Doubling my available VDR disk space without cost or loss of convenience.

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:55:20 +0200, you wrote:

>On Thursday 14 September 2006 07:08, Emil Naepflein wrote:
>> That doesn't matter. Important ist that I have instant access.
>
>Keeping it online has the drawback that all parts fail at once when your house
>gets hit by lightning/overvoltage...not sure how good USVs are at protecting
>hardware.

The problem is that the computer cannot only hit through the power line,
it also can be hit through antenna, telefone, dsl, ... In one such event
two of my full-featured cards have been hit. But non of the data was
lost.

I think we have to live with this in private environments. Since more
than five years data has never been lost except by errors in early
reiserfs implementation.

Emil