Von: vdr-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:vdr-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von
Carsten Koch
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. September 2006 20:23
An: VDR Mailing List
Betreff: Re: AW: Doubling my available VDR disk space without cost or
loss of convenience.

Guido Fiala wrote:
> Sounds like the core computer of the USS-Enterprise - How many
> Terra-Quads are this? ;-)

Actually, according to
http://www.kasper-online.de/en/docs/startrek/ncc1701d.htm
the Enterprise D has a mere 630.000 Kiloquads.

But seriously: My VDR system started out in June 2000 with a 9GB SCSI disk
in a 150 MHz PentiumPro system.
Disk space has increased a bit since then, but in another
6 years all of that will fit into a single disk and that will not be the
largest disk you can buy for a home computer, either.

Neither is my VDR system even close to the largest one.
I believe that Matthias Schniedermeier has so many disks in his house that
the house no longer requires a separate heating system. ;-)

Carsten.