AW: Doubling my available VDR disk space without cost or loss of convenience.

You may want to go for a hardware solution ..
http://www.litec-computer.de/Festplatten/35/UDMA/Seagate-ST3750640A-750GB-72
00RPM-16MB::10223.html

would make 250 Films ? 3GB ..
let's assume: 3GB equals 1 hour and think of: max. 8 hours per day viewing
..
would mean you have more than 30 days, "instant fun" ..

-> So coding, testing, bug fixing costs a lot more than a new hard drive ..
go and get yourself a new hard disc  :-)
And I am not kidding ..

And if you think of HTDV in germany: h264 is on it's way, which is "one
more" then DivX, which is h263. So within short time you have high defition
TV with high compression.

Cheers,
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----