vdr-xine & xine-lib 1.1.2 (patch update)

I demand that Chris Jones may or may not have written...

> On 2:28:26 am 11/07/2006 Darren Salt <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Minor update for xine-lib 1.1.2 for those who can't wait for Reinhard to
>> find some time :-)

> On this subject, are there some patches I can apply against 1.1.1?
> specifically the version in ubuntu.

My packages (for etch) will probably work with little or no modification,
possibly not even requiring a rebuild; or you can grab the .diff.gz and apply
some patches from there. (See .sig.)

> I've tried grabbing the latest version of vdr-plugin-xine and applying the
> patches therein to the package, but it didn't compile. The instructions
> suggest that I should be using a recent CVS of xine,

Which was true at the time, given the patch in that package. I did re-add the
bits which had been committed to xine-lib CVS for my 1.1.1 packages.

> but I'd prefer to stick with the distro version if possible.

Fine, but note that there are a couple of security fixes in 1.1.2. (These are
fixed in 1.1.1 in Debian.)

> Also (and just aimed at Darren) - is there any chance that your packages
> and the ones on e-tobi.net could be merged? I find myself flipping between
> them as one updates to a new version ;)

Let's just say that it's easier for my changes to be merged into the e-tobi
repository due to bandwidth issues...

|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.packages.html>

Tomorrow will be cancelled due to lack of interest.