vdr-xine & xine-lib 1.1.2 (patch update)

On 11/07/06 15:54 Chris Jones wrote:
> On this subject, are there some patches I can apply against 1.1.1?
> specifically the version in ubuntu. I've tried grabbing the latest version
> of vdr-plugin-xine and applying the patches therein to the package, but it
> didn't compile. The instructions suggest that I should be using a recent
> CVS of xine, but I'd prefer to stick with the distro version if possible.

Chris,

You may already know it, but...
http://pkg-vdr-dvb.alioth.debian.org/
...is quite a good source of debian-vdr packages. I only found it last
week but it has made my life a lot simpler.

I've compiled vdr-1.4.1 and vdr-plugin-xineliboutput_0.99rc4 from here
and they both work fine on Ubuntu Dapper. Just install svn-buildpackage
and follow the instructions in the page above.

I guess that because vdr-xine uses a patched libxine-main it might be a
bit more complicated, but it's worth a try. If not, I highly recommend
xinelibout. I have found it much more straight forward to install and
use than vdr-xine.
--
Richard Wall