femon cleanup/SVDRP enhancement

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Frank Schmirler wrote:

> working. Now I need to get the information which server dvbcard is currently
> tuned to the clients channel. Still need to investigate the best way to do
> this (cDevice::IsTunedToTransponder? Watching cStatus::ChannelSwitch? Check
> the output of the femon INFO command once it is included? Anyone a better
> idea?). With the correct card index I could then get the frontend information
> if the femon SVDRP commands would accept the card index as parameter.

Femon's current frontend svdrp commands (STAT,NAME,SGNL,SNRA,BERA,UNCB)
are using the actual device as a fixed parameter, so, you'll currently
need just to tune the server to the same channel as your clients are
using and you'll always get the correct information. All those mentioned
svdr commands also print out the card index, if you'll need to show that
to your clients too.

If your server-client-system is having a dedicated plugin on both ends,
you could use the service interface to access frontend information:
femonclient plugin should hopefully give you a glimpse how it could be
done.

--
rofa