femon cleanup/SVDRP enhancement

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:59:15 +0300 (EEST), Rolf Ahrenberg wrote
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 08:33:28AM +0200, Frank Schmirler wrote:
> >> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:52:33 +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote
> >>
> >> I like the possibility to pass the device index as option. However it should
> >> be optional. I'd suggest:
> >>
> >> cString str = getFrontendInfo(*Option ? atoi(Option) :
> >> cDevice::ActualDevice()->CardIndex());
> >
> > ah, yes good point ...
>
> Well, I don't see the point to check statistics on secondary devices
> that might _not_ even be tuned to any transponder. However, if you
> want to check how the current transponder looks like on other
> devices, you can always use NEXT/PREV commands.

I am about to write a femon patch for vdr-to-vdr streaming clients. I want to
make it possible for the client to see the signal information from the server.
Prototype which always shows the output of the primary device is already
working. Now I need to get the information which server dvbcard is currently
tuned to the clients channel. Still need to investigate the best way to do
this (cDevice::IsTunedToTransponder? Watching cStatus::ChannelSwitch? Check
the output of the femon INFO command once it is included? Anyone a better
idea?). With the correct card index I could then get the frontend information
if the femon SVDRP commands would accept the card index as parameter.

Will post the patch when I'm done, however it will still take a few weeks as I
have little time to work on it.

> >> Would be nice if all commands worked that way...
>
> Would it? Why? Bitrates are calculated only on current channel, so
> should they be available also for all channels on all available
> transponders/devices?

In my case the streaming client can do the stream analysis, so I won't need
the bitrates per device. Making this information available would have quite an
impact on the femon code anyway. However for the frontend commands it is
fairly easy.

Cheers,
Frank