Re: list mirroring

Ed from PVRWeb schrieb:
>>  After some Googling I've found another web site mirroring this list
>>  (http://pvrweb.com). I think the mirror is auto created, but the
> generated
>>  threads contains all the sender mail addresses for followup messages in
>>  clear text.
>
> Just to make this clear... All the incoming messages have the email
> addresses changed so they will read 'name at address.com' so this will
> not get picked up by most spam systems.  I think this is the same
> procedure used by the published copy on the main site.
>
> Where this idea failed was that in the message in question someone had
> included the email address in the message.  I am looking into scanning
> the messages for email addresses without messing up code fragments now.
>
> Sorry if this has caused anyone any problems.

Same thing here.
I have two accounts, only for the vdr- and the dvb-mailing lists, and
I'm getting a lot of spam.

For example look at this thread:

http://www.pvrweb.com//bbs-old/viewtopic.php?t=3566&view=next

You will find this line:

which includes my email adress in full text.

Alfred

BTW. Please use this mail to fix your ugly list mirror !