tv getting black while epg-scan

Hi!

> It's possible it may be a problem of VDR, in my config I have a DVB-S
> FF, and DVB-T, I no longer have a dish, and using DVB-S only for the
> great quality of the TV output, so I receive signal only from DVB-T.
> During the EPG scan, vdr probe both card for EPG changes but doesn't
> give the lock back to the Primary DVB device it seems, so screen goes
> black and need you to push any button of the remote to get picture
> back.
>
> As far as I can remember, I always had this problem with this setup,
> but don't remember having it when i had only the DVB-S.

The same problem exists in setups which use an DXR3-card as output device,
so that vdr always has to be in transfer-mode. Several members on the
dxr3plugin-users mailing list seem to have this problem.

With my setup (using one full-featured and one budget DVB-s), I only get
the black screen when a recording starts. Normally the budget card is the
source for the transfer mode, but it is also used for the first
recording.
It seems, if the epg-scan has started before the recording started, the
first (full-featured) card does the epg-scan. If the transfer mode has to
be stopped on the second card, it doesn't get switched correctly to the
first card (the logfiles suggest that the epg-scan continues).
Maybe there is a problem in vdr that prevents the correct selection of
receiving cards.
One thing I noticed: The comments in cDevice::GetDevice() seem to indicate
that vdr distinguishes full-featured and budget cards with an
HasDecoder()-call, which returns true for dxr3-devices.

Best regards,

Thorsten