tv getting black while epg-scan

Oliver Joa a ?crit :
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> Oliver Joa wrote:
>>> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>

>>> No, i use a plain vdr-1.3.41, without any plugin. I talked to a
>>> friend about it and he think that it can be a problem of the
>>> drivers. i use the driver from the kernel 2.6.11 and the following
>>> firmware:
>>> /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261d
>>>
>>> i want to upgrade to the actual kernel with actual firmware
>>> ...-2622, i hope it will help...
>>>
>>> do you think?
>>
>> It's at least worth a try.
>
> i still have the problem, with the new kernel and firmware. now i saw
> another strange thing. after some time the screen was black and the
> message for shutdown ("press button to cancel shutdown") was on the
> screen, but the computer did not shutdown. so it seems that the
> automatic shutdown after some time also does not work.
It's possible it may be a problem of VDR, in my config I have a DVB-S
FF, and DVB-T, I no longer have a dish, and using DVB-S only for the
great quality of the TV output, so I receive signal only from DVB-T.
During the EPG scan, vdr probe both card for EPG changes but doesn't
give the lock back to the Primary DVB device it seems, so screen goes
black and need you to push any button of the remote to get picture back.

As far as I can remember, I always had this problem with this setup, but
don't remember having it when i had only the DVB-S.

--
Alex