[ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.3.44

Guido Fiala wrote:
> On Sunday 26 February 2006 17:08, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>>- The 'summary' field of a timer definition has been renamed to
>>'aux', and is now only used for external applications to store auxiliary
>>information with a timer, which has no meaning whatsoever to VDR itself.
>>   The contents of the 'aux' field of a timer is copied into the
>>recording's 'info.vdr' file, using the tag character '@'.
>

> Mmm, i found the summary-field quite useful, is there an equivalent to this
> function? (i'am using the patch pressing 0 shows all EPG-entries with the
> same name of that timer)
>
> BTW - i always wondered why only timers created by "external tools" contained
> that information. I use master-timer to set the timers and after it completes
> i go quickly through the timers it created, read the summary and decide to
> delete or not. (A "deepblack" command in the timer-menu would still be great,
> same way i can enact user-defined commands on recordings ;-).
>
> The copying to the info is ok, but i could only see that information until the
> recording is actually done, not before, am i right?

Master-Timer only stores the information available via epg.data.

So everything Master-Timer (excluding "Marks") put into the summary (now
aux) should also be shown by VDR via lookup of the EPG-Event.

So basically everything should be as before, only difference should be
that the Information that VDR presents isn't provided by Master-Timer
but "directly" from EPG-Event.

The data stored by Master-Timer in the AUX-Field are now declared as
"Master-Timer internal".

But as i said, that should make a difference.

Bis denn