Moving charMap from menuitems.c to Make.config

Rene Hertell wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>

>>How about adjusting this in i18n.c instead? ;-)
>

> Well, no, because I use my VDR with the English menus (I don't like to
> use localized equipment and software...), and this way those characters
> would be lost..
>
> That could of course be in the i18n.c too, but a global variable would
> not hurt in this case.. :-)

Well, i18n.c is there for internationalization, and the
character map apparently needs to be localized, so it's
in there. I don't want to make this another Make.config option,
so I'm afraid you'll have to either fully switch to a localized
language version, or live with your patch.

Klaus