how to stop timer?

Markus Hahn wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2006 17:14 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>
>>Markus Hahn wrote:

>>Hi Klaus,
>>because vdr wants  to record out of  EPG,
>

>>What do you mean by "vdr wants to record out of  EPG"?
>

> call up EPG -> OK on running programm  -> kRed ->kOk
> will set an instant timer.
> Few minutes later you will get the message
>   Skins.Message(mtWarning, tr("Not enough disk space to start recording!")
>   or
>   "Low disk space!"
>  endlessly.
>
> This is caused by cRecordControl::Process();

When I simulate a full disk by doing

   VideoDiskSpace(&FreeMB);
   FreeMB = 0;//XXX
   if (FreeMB < MINFREEDISK) {

in cRecordControls::Start(), then go into the EPG and program a timer
as you suggested, I immediately get the message

   Not enough disk space to start recording...

and no recording is started. This message is repeated every five minutes,
which I guess is ok since if there actually is somebody watching TV at
that time, they probably want to do something about this. You could
increase NODISKSPACEDELTA if you want this message to be displayed less
often.

If there is enough free disk space at the time the timer is programmed,
the recording will start and once the free disk space falls below
MINDISKSPACE the message

   Low disk space!

will be displayed every DISKCHECKDELTA (100) seconds to make the user
aware of the fact that the disk is running full.

Since there are reasonable timeouts between these messages, I'm afraid
I don't see the actual problem. Maybe I didn't have the exact test
case you are running?

Klaus