Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T USB2 with vdr?!

O Domingo 04 de Decembro de 2005 ?s 11:26, Laz dic?a:

>Has anyone managed to get vdr to work with a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T USB2? I'm
>trying to add one to an existing system with a PCI DVB-T card and it just
>keeps on restarting because it cannot get a signal from the USB device which
>hotplug sets to /dev/dvb/adaptor0. Hotplug loads the firmware and all looks
>good.

	Hi!

	These days I am giving a try to vdr to consider switching from
MythTV, and I found this problem too.  I also saw that tzap + cat dvr0
worked fine, so I did a little debugging to check the differences in the
DVB frontend configuration.

	And the only different field was the inversion parameter.  For
whatever reason, the NOVA-T USB2 doesn't works with inversion off (I0),
which is supposed to be always so in DVB-T.  The same happens with tzap if
you use INVERSION_OFF, the multiplex can't even get locked.

	So, to make it work, use inversion auto (I999, or just don't add
the I parameter).  In the vdr wiki it says "please do NOT use 999", but I
don't know who wrote it and why.  Does anybody know the reason for this?

--
Unha aperta,
Jes?s Bravo ?lvarez