conditional access and restarting

hi,

perhaps it is just me, but I have some problems with recordings from
encrypted channels...

When there is no valid EMM received to the card, it naturally does not
show the channel.  My problem is that when in live viewing, there is
just the xine-originated "No Signal" text on the screen, and
everything works fine.  When the EMM arrives, the card starts
decrypting and the channel appears.

But:  When there is a timed recording, vdr tries to get data by
restarting, which is naturally the wrong way to try to receive an EMM
from the cable...

Naturally, when there is a valid EMM already on the card, there are no
problems in either case, but decrypting starts immediately.

I use 1.3.34, so if this is OK in the newer versions, then sorry about
disturbing.

yours,
		Jouni