(offtopic) Voltage moding rev 1.3

Paul Lacatus wrote:
> On 1/2/06, Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > somebody
> > >
> > > See http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/SpannungsMod
> > > I applied the first solution (loesung 1: original hauppauge):
> > > - remove coil connected to pin 14 of the tuner
> > > - connect tuner pin 14 with pin 4 (or pin 6)
> >
> > Oops, the coil is _located_ at pin 14, but _connected_ to pin 13!
> > So it should read:
> > - remove coil connected to pin 13 of the tuner
> > - connect tuner pin 13 with pin 4 (or pin 6)
> >

> So for me german to english translation  put some problems.
> I need to understand exactly what I am doing.

That's always a good idea. ;-)

> On pin 13 is voltage from computer 5v
> powersupply  over a small LC filter.

Correct.

> What is on pin 4 or 6 ?

Pins 4/6 are connected to the output of the on-board 5V voltage
regulator which is located above the tuner, next to the 15 ohms R.
It creates clean 5V supply for the the tuner.

The modification above connects pin 13 to that power supply.

Note the higher load for the voltage regulator and the 15R.
If you have a bad air flow in your system you may want to replace the
15R by a stronger type (2 watts).

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/