Concerns about changing the API-definition of 'cStatus::Replaying()' and 'cStatus::Recording()' of VDR?

Andreas Brugger wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
>
>> To me it's all the same, so let's here the votes.
>

> Thanks for all the comments. First off I thought this would be much
> easier but there is more to consider than I was aware off.
>
> I would prefer
>    void Recording(const cDevice *Device, const char *Name, const char
> *FileName)
> and its Replaying-counterpart.
>
> con:
> - plugins would have to adopt once
>
> pros:
> - easy to implement and little changes on the VDR- and plugins-side
> - delivers everything like bevore plus detailed info can be gatheredby

Here's how it's going to be in VDR 1.3.38:

   virtual void Recording(const cDevice *Device, const char *Name, const char *FileName, bool On) {}
                // The given DVB device has started (On = true) or stopped (On = false) recording Name.
                // Name is the name of the recording, without any directory path. The full file name
                // of the recording is given in FileName, which may be NULL in case there is no
                // actual file involved. If On is false, Name may be NULL.
   virtual void Replaying(const cControl *Control, const char *Name, const char *FileName, bool On) {}
                // The given player control has started (On = true) or stopped (On = false) replaying Name.
                // Name is the name of the recording, without any directory path. In case of a player that can't provide
                // a name, Name can be a string that identifies the player type (like, e.g., "DVD").
                // The full file name of the recording is given in FileName, which may be NULL in case there is no
                // actual file involved. If On is false, Name may be NULL.

Klaus