CAM problems

Heikki Manninen wrote:
 > Changing channels back and forth repeats the issue. This
 > happens in transfer mode (my primary card doesn't have a CAM). After
 > resetting the CAMs everything is normal for a couple of hours or so
 > (impossible to say). Also I've noticed that if I keep on watching the
 > channel the problem doesn't appear on the, let's say, active CAM.

I think too that the manifestation of this problem is somehow connected
to transfer mode.  With earlier versions (1.3.19 and so) I had problems
when I had my full card with CI tuned to non-scrambled channel and timer
started to record scrambled channel and initiated transfer mode from
budget card for live viewing.  I was able to circumvent these problems
by forcing the transfer mode to be used always for live view.

Now I tried forcing the transfer mode and I practically always
experienced the lost CAM problem when changing the channel.  It also
always took more than half an hour for vdr to discover the cam when
transfer mode was on.

Heikki, do you get any console messages when your CAM gets stuck and you
change channel so that transfer mode is on?

Regards,
//Rinne