CAM problems

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 00:58 +0200, Timo J. Rinne wrote:

> I've also seen this artifact even without multicam stuff a couple of
> times with a latest few vdr versions, mainly 1.3.34-1.3.36.  I think
> that order of events leading to this has been such that at some point
> CAM (I have Conax 4.00) has just somehow disappeared and after making a
> CAM reset it has reappeared after a while.  But instead of working
> correctly, it shows the same kind of symptoms that my namesake above
> described.

Same issues here with Conax 4.00 and VDR >= 1.3.32. In general, the
recent changes have seemed to introduce a lot of different CAM problems.
Still, those changes are clearly important.

> Actually since 1.3.33 or so I've had much more problems with CAM than
> before.  After reboot it takes often 15-45 minutes for CAM to be found
> by vdr.  Then after a couple of days it can just disappear.  Sometimes
> when the timer starts to record from encrypted channel, vdr crashes and
> after it has restarted, CAM isn't on the setup page.  Annoying.
> Anyways, _everything_ else seems to work much better than before.

Same here. The CAMs I have just stop. They appear in the CICAM menu, but
don't appear to be working normally. When I change to an encrypted
channel ( for example:
Discovery;Telenor:322000:C0M128:C:6875:900:901=eng:301:B00:40:0:7:0) the
picture is shown for a while and after that couple of seconds (pretty
much same as the length before picture freezes when you shut down VDR)
it freezes. Changing channels back and forth repeats the issue. This
happens in transfer mode (my primary card doesn't have a CAM). After
resetting the CAMs everything is normal for a couple of hours or so
(impossible to say). Also I've noticed that if I keep on watching the
channel the problem doesn't appear on the, let's say, active CAM.

This behaviour naturally causes VDR to exit with "no usable data
seen..." when a timer starts on an encypted channel.

> In my setup I've one Hauppauge full with CI and two budget cards.  All
> DVB-C.  My stuff runs in 2.4GHz P4 with SUSE 10.0 (linux-2.6.13 kernel).

1 x Fujitsu-Siemens DVB-C 2.1 (primary)
2 x TechnoTrend DVB-C 2.1 wth CI and Conax CAM 4.00e
Fedora Core 4, VDR 1.3.36 at the moment

--
Heikki M