streamdev-client questions

En/na Jan Ekholm ha escrit:

> Does anyone happen to know any RTFM resources or STFW pointers for this
> setup? The best one I've so far googled up is:
>
> http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Kanotix_-_Streaming-Server_mit_Xine-Plugin_f?r_Client_mit_Xine-Player
> http://mitglied.lycos.de/peterweber69/xine/xine.htm
>
> but it is all in German and I do understand much of it but not all.

Peter's page is also in english, however I prefer this patch
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.vdr/24886

The xine plugin itself is really well commented, everything is in
english, you just have to carefully follow the steps outlined in the
INSTALL file.

> The actual installation seems to so far be a hodge-podge of
> different patches to all kinds of applications and hardcoded versions of
> software and a lot of work to get up and running, so is it worth trying
> this approach?

The problem is you have to patch and compile xine (and patch the plugin
itself+the already patched xine if you want the network functionality).
Once that is done it works fairly well (with some occasional problem but
streamdev has its own set of problems).
I've used both and now I exclusively use vdr-xine over the network.

Bye
--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -