Re: i18n done with gettext

Am Mittwoch, 16. November 2005 19:55 schrieb Lucian Muresan:
> > - i would like to have only _one_ language source file for everything to
> > let the translators deal with. how could we archive that not every plugin
> > has to be translated on it's own? (we would have some resellers and even
> > users/customers that could deal with the translations, but only if its
> > easy to handle for them. i already realized that it's not practicable to
> > send them > 25 files)
>
> I don't see why they should be all sent to one translator.

they do not need all language files, but all files from vdr and all the
plugins. Thats also what Udo meant (i beleave) with "merging them together".
I would want to make it as easy as possible for translators, but i see that
having every "language set" in one file would be hard (if not impossible) to
maintain...

But on the other hand I do not see the need of having different namespaces
(domains) for every plugin.

Thiemo