i18n done with gettext

Lucian Muresan wrote:

>>>Yes, that's what I meant.
>>>But let's do this in version 1.5.x.
>>>
>>>Klaus
>

> That beeing said, Klaus & everyone, what would you think about letting
> me give it a try? I think and I hope I'll be able to provide a patch in
> few days, with all existing translations migrated to the new aproach and
> adapted makefiles (maybe until this weekend, depending on spare time),
> in the meantime we could discuss the concept, maybe I'll have questioons
> for few details (maybe there are issues other than spare time or
> priorities which made you plan this for 1.5.x). Well, in the end we'll
> see if it's good or not, but we might have the chance to workout the
> breakage in this i18n matter only once and already now (as I said, I
> think I'll be able to do it myself, so it's up to me to find the time,
> and I'll promise I'll yell or let it be if I happen to get stuck, you
> won't have to wait for this if you already plan a feature-freeze for
> releasing 1.4, I only think we could give it a shot, it might turn out
> good enough for having it merged). But please tell me if there is
> ablsolutely no interest for this now.
>
> Lucian

I definitely will not change the i18n methods for version 1.4.
You are, of course, free to do whatever you like, but none of
this will go into version 1.4. I also won't adopt the sorting
patch, since it would break plugins. I18n in version 1.4 will
be exactly as it is right now.

I have a few things that I still want to finish for 1.4, and
i18n changes is none of them.

Sorry, gotta draw the line somewhere...

Klaus