VDR crash freezing computer !

michaelip@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Often when starting my computer, vdr crashes without any specific reason and
> freezes the computer ! Nothing is possible/available on my comnputer ! I just
> have to reset it !

What version of the em8300 driver are you using?
I think this issue might be fixed in the one of the recent releases from
http://dxr3.sourceforge.net/download.html

A problem was fixed where the interrupt handler was installed before the
card was properly initialised and a stray interrupt from a card sharing
the interrupt line would cause an oops.

Disabling preempt option may help as well.

The best place to follow up on this is probably the dxr3-devel mailing
list, see http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=5165

	Jon