Aspect Ratio problems

Mike Parker wrote:
> The TV is about 4 months old (42" LG plasma) so pretty upto date. If I watch
> an analog tranmsission the tv switches correctly, or inserts blanks down
> side etc.

Nice. It almost certainly does support WSS.

> I am using composite out of the FF card so pin 8 is not a viable solution.

The quality of a composite signal is pretty poor (esp at 42"). If I was
you i'd start trying to get one of the VGA/DVI/HDMI inputs connected to
the graphics card. Not only will the quality be much better but you'll
also be able to use it for other things as well. As for VDR, you need to
start using something which allows you to send the video to your
graphics card, for example:

xine plugin - http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.7.5.tgz
softdevice - http://softdevice.berlios.de/

	Jon