Problem when no input signal

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 10:34 +0300, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
>
> > Maybe.  But why should vdr need a plugin to do normal diseqc 1.3
> > positioning?  IMHO it should work 'out of the box'.
>
> It does, depending how the dish position is reached.
> Diseqc commands are enough if you use only those
> positions which are preprogrammed into the motor.

No - it does not work if moving the dish will take more time than the
timeout.

My dish can take over 90 seconds to move.  I do use diseqc commands to
move to a new stored position, and that part works fine.  The problem is
that by the time the dish gets to its new position the transfer mode has
timed out, and I have to 're-select' the channel to see anything.

There is also a problem with recordings.  VDR's recording thread times
out and does an emergency restart of vdr when it moves the dish to start
a recording.  Quite annoying if you are watching something at the time!

> If you use command like 'gotoxy 28.2E' you need to do
> a bunch of trigonometric calculations not found in
> basic VDR.   Read the source, gotoxy-patch in Rotor-plugin.

I have.  My dish positioner is diseqc 1.2 only so it is not relevant.

(I have a big C-band dish, a 'jack' and v-box II Positioner)