Problem when no input signal

Malcolm Caldwell wrote:

> Again, IMHO, this seems fairly complex.  Why should vdr consult plugins
> about this stuff?

e.g. because plain vdr doesn't know anything about a positioner (or
other weird things: vdr is good because it's flexible and you can do
almost everything you want with it).

> I would have thought that vdr should be able to tell
> when a signal is valid etc.
>
> Perhaps just having a time value indicating how long the signal had been
> locked would be enough.  Then things like channel update etc. could just
> wait until there was (eg) 5 seconds of valid signal before it did
> anything.

That may be good for eit(?) scanning, not for attaching receivers: why
wait 5 seconds when the dish is already positioned and you have a good
signal? Since I'm using a dxr3 (i.e. transfer mode i.e. a receiver) I
wouldn't like to wait 5 seconds after each channel change.

Bye

--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -