How to speed up vdr start ? -> delete some frontends did not work...

Am Wed, 10 Aug 2005 07:31:36 +0200 schrieb Stefan Taferner
<taferner@xxxxxxx>:

[...]

>> Is this correct:
>>
>> 1. Comment out the start of dvb driver in runvdr:
>>
>> # Load driver if it hasn't been loaded already:
>> #if [ $LSMOD -eq 0 ] ; then
>> #   (cd $DVBDIR; make insmod)
>> #   fi
>>
>> 2. Create new dvb-start.sh script (is the & at the right place ?):
>> # Load driver if it hasn't been loaded already:
>> if [ $LSMOD -eq 0 ] ; then
>>     (cd $DVBDIR; &make insmod)
>>     fi
>
> You only moved the loading, but still load everything. What has to be
> done
> is to only load those drivers that are really required. Have a look at
> the
> insmod.sh script that comes in $DVBDIR, and remove all unneeded drivers
> from the "start" stage in the script.

Yes, i had the same idea some time ago. But i have no insmod.sh script in
$DVBDIR ?!?!
I've been running Klaus' 2.4'er reference dvb-driver from 26.12.2004 .
I have only a nexus 2.1 dvb card in my vdr pc. I think there is an alps
bsrv2 frontend
on my dvb card, but im not sure.
When i delete all the other frontends, i also see the random stripes when
the driver starts and
then a black screen, but when vdr starts i've only seen this error on the
console:

no primary device found - using first device!
invalid primary device number:1

Have i delete too much ? And how can i figure out which frontend resists
on my
nexus ?

Regards,
Christoph