[RANT] Re: VDR sc plugin. How to?????

Udo Richter wrote:
> Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
>
>>using a sc does not mean he does not pay for a subscription.
>>
>>i would be more careful, blaming somebody for cheating.
>

> Paying for a subscription does not mean he can legally use SC.

Can't wait the day when it's illegal to eat and drink with something
else than platinum or diamond-cut dishes, although we pay for WHAT we're
eating with them. It would be "bypassing the profit of the
platinum-and-diamond-cut dishes monopolists".

Just forget about things like Live 8, feed the poor lawyers and bosses...

I agree with anyone stating that pay-TV shouldn't be stolen by not
paying the *subscription*, or sharing music or movies originating from
original CDs or DVDs is illegal, but I hate what industry and politics
is doing to us (look at copy protected CDs, DVDs, HDCP, future HDTV on
home-brewed receivers like VDR etc.). But maybe we deserve no different,
standing tall has been long forgotten as we continue to buy their
crippled CDs, DVDs, so-called "HD-ready" ridiculous TV Sets which make
us "upgrade" everything even if it's still working well. They even
managed to make us believe we feel good if we religiously respect such
laws they actually just punch our teeth with (like declaring illegal to
use something we payed for, if we're not using their expensive tools,
it's fancy called "circumvention of a protection system", regardless of
the use).
The whole thing stinks. They shouldn't punish the actual bypassing of
copy or content protection systems, but the use of the bypassing, I
mean, if you bypass the protection system of material you payed for only
for watching and NOT giving it away to others not even in a non-profit
way, then what can be illegal in that?

Sorry, I don't like mondays @work...
Lucian