Creating DVD's and the NA VDR site?

I need some more help with this...  it's driving me nuts.

In VDR my recording works just find.  Using the LVE tools I have been able to
demux my recordings and and mux them again into an .mpg file (thanks to CYM
for suggestions on a site somewhere... not sure where anymore :)).

Now I have this working mpg file -- great I thought it would be easy to create
a DVD from this... Well I guess not!  I've tried several methods to create a
DVD structure from the mpg and every one of them has video/audio sync
problems again and in some instances it has bad frames.

I've tried to use ts2ps2 and ps2ts to re-encode the video, but that didn't
seem to help -- or I did it wrong.

VDRSync bombs with audio errors.  The Burn plugin uses vdrsync.  I've tried
projectX as well.

Is there a way I can "fix" this mpg file now that I have it in sync?  Why is
it breaking again when I try to create a DVD?

Thanks for any help!!

Norm