Hardware Setup

Martin Elsner a ?crit :
> He want to have the possibility to view HDTV if broadcasted, so I planed to
> use Technotrend Budget Cards (2 Card for multiple recordings) plus a DVI
> Graphiccard.
>
> Which Graphiccard would be best? I am looking for one without a fan because
> of the noise problem ;-)

Try the Matrox ones, well supported by softdevice / DirectFB.

> Can I use a Mobile Pentium CPU? Asus is offering an adapter to use Mobile
> CPUs with standard mainboards.

You don't need much Mhz, and power consumption is an issue if you have
the box on 24/7. So yes, go for it.

> And how does Softdevice switch between Standard and HDTV? Can I use a 16:9
> LCD Panel easily or is it much configuration trouble before everything works
> fine?

Subscribe to the softdevice ML on berlios.de.
There is no "switch" between SDTV and HDTV : simply a matter of frame
resolution or size.
The same applies to 16:9, which has to do with scaling correctly from
frame aspect to screen aspect. Stefan is currently working on this.
You will have much less configuration trouble as time goes by, and
currently it seems to me that everything is easy. But I'm biased.

--
NH