upgrading to debian.sarge breaks vdr?

Rainer Zocholl a ?crit :
>>What am i missing?
>>Any hints why VDR is not finding the DVB cards any more?
>>The kernel is unchanged 2.4.28.
>>I just wondered why "deffs" was installed by the upgrade...

There are many little differences between woody and sarge, and also
between kernel 2.4 and 2.6
Your conf files should benefit from a dist-upgrade...
For sure devfs will hurt things, and I do not have it on my sarge VDR
(when I upgraded woody to sarge on that box a long time ago, I first did
a complete backup of the disks, and used them at least once)

--
NH