mounting smb drive to play recordings on remote server

Lauri Tischler wrote:
> C.Y.M wrote:
>
>> So you have to use NFS instead of SMB.. I bet that is why.  Also, you
>> have to
>> change the "resume ID" on the clients, correct?
>

> Yeah, took me a while to find out about 'resume ID'  :)
> Also it might be a good idea to setup cronjob to
> touch .update on MainVDR:/Video every now and then

I have mounted a samba drive with smbfs to something like
/mount/windows-pc and created a link like "windows-pc" in /video. Really
worked apart from the fact that the connection was to slow despite of 54
MBit-WLAN - samba does not seem to be too fast, so I need to check it
again with NFS.
Another problem arose when my windows-pc was turned off. Then
/mount/windows-pc was not available, the link not valid. This lead to
weird crashes within VDR. I also posted this on this ML a long time ago
but did not get an answer. Currently, I don?t use it anymore since I
know of this problem and my connection to the windows-pc is done using
WLAN - maybe those problems even don?t exist anymore...

Joerg