mounting smb drive to play recordings on remote server

C.Y.M wrote:
> I have setup a vdr client using streamdev client/server and xine. I would like
> to be able to play the recordings that are stored on the main server on the
> client.  The client has a /video0 directory for its own recordings and I tried
> to mount /video1 as a smb drive.  Unfortunately, no matter what I try, I can not
> get the /video1 directory to show in vdr.  I have tried just making two
> directories on the local machine (not using smb) named /video0 and /video1 but
> still the second directory does not show up.  I am starting vdr with "vdr -l 3
> -v /video0 -c /etc/vdr -E /etc/vdr -P'xine -r'"  Is there something Im missing?

It does not work that way, recordings are stored on /video0,
if there is no room on /video0 a link is made there and
actual file written to /video1

I have two boxes, MainVDR and BedRoom.
MainVDR has disk, /video for its on use.
BedRoom has disk, /video for it own use
BedRoom also has directory defined, /video/MainVDR
and MainVDR:/video disk nfs-mounted there.
Works like charm.

--
lwgt@xxxxxx  * Using HTML-mail is like breaking wind in a church *
60.2N 24.7E  *   it is not illegal, just extremely bad manners   *