Upgrading from DXR3 to FF, and not happy

On Monday 25 April 2005 17:09, Markku Tavasti wrote:

> > Nope - need to call FE_SLEEP after init of frontend (requires driver
> > patch), works since years stable for me.
>
> Pointer to patch, or patch itself would be welcome. I could not find
> it with google (wrong keywords in search).

Ok, once again i try to collect what i did, i changed 3 files, although 2
would probably do:

required (dvb-kernel):
frontend.h (make FE_SLEEP public to be able to call it via ioctl)

requried (vdr):
dvbdevice.c (calls FE_SLEEP, it did not work when the FE_INIT was never
called, we need to FE_INIT and after that call FE_SLEEP to make it work)

not sure (dvb-kernel):
ves1x93.c (mainly debug-output to see if it works plus one register-change
which alone did not make it work, as far as i remember)

Attached are the diff's of the changes i made.
Of course you cannot use the patches when you use a dish, it is only good for
signalless operation. (Obsessively using playmode switches+OSD occasionally
arm-crashs anyway, sigh)

Hope it fixes your problems.