Upgrading from DXR3 to FF, and not happy

En/na Markku Tavasti ha escrit:

> - Too slow CPU

I cannot say, because when I built my vdr the minimum cpu I could find
was a 1600MHz Duron (underclocked to 1400), way oversized for the task
at hand. I managed to get the dxr3 more or less working with a pentium
100 though (only for testing purposes, not very useable, but that's
probably because that machine has only 16megs of ram).

> - 2.4 kernel, everybody uses 2.6 ?

I'm using 2.6, cannot tell about other dxr3 users

> - Using DVB-S as output only is bad idea
> - Bad HW (computer or DVB-FF)

Considering that many people here manage to get a dxr3 working, albeit
with some problems but not the complete lock-up you reported, I'd say
this is the most probable cause...

> - Bad DVB driver version
> - Bad VDR version
> - Bad luck

...or this one ;-)
I'd rule out the vdr version, since I'm also using 1.3.23

Bye

--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -